Bigg Boss 11: The Controversial Season
1 month ago Saloni Hindocha 0
Bigg Boss is a very common name in every Indian household. Over the years Bigg Boss has attracted millions of viewers all across the countries. The seasons which are usually filled with drama, controversies, and fights, entertain and engage a large segment of India’s television audience. The current season of Bigg Boss has aired on Colors TV alongside its on-demand video portal Voot. This was also the first season of Bigg Boss to be broadcast on MTV. Hosted by Salman Khan, Bigg Boss 11 was no exception to the world of drama and controversies. The housemates included popular television celebrities like Hina Khan, Shilpa Shinde and Hiten Tejwani, reality show celebrities like Priyank Sharma, models like Arshi Khan, stage performers like Sapna Choudhary, internet sensations like Dhinchak Pooja and some commoners like Puneesh Sharma and Luv Tyagi. The journey of these contestants has no doubt been filled with daunting tasks and interesting situations. The season ended on 14th January 2017 where Shilpa Shinde of “Bhabhiji Ghar Pe Hai” fame walked away with the winner’s trophy. Such was the level of controversies and fight in the house that after winning Bigg Boss 11, Shilpa Shinde has said in an interview to India Forums that she does not wish to see Hina Khan ever again and her most bitter moments in the house were due to Arshi Khan and Akash Dadlani.
The Major Controversial Moments of Bigg Boss 11
- “Bhabhiji Ghar Pe Hai” Controversy – Shilpa Shinde in 2016 quit the famous show “Bhabhiji Ghar Pe Hai” which became her claim to fame after complaining that she was harassed by the production team. She was sent a legal notice for breach of trust. She said that Vikas Gupta, a fellow contestant was responsible for what had happened. Thus every time, these two came together for something, it would be accompanied by a lot of fighting and gunning down.
- The Priyank and Benafsha story – Priyank Sharma, a reality television star was romantically inclined towards Benafsha Soonawalla, a model, and VJ. Benafsha was evicted out of the house very early. Vikas Gupta, a fellow contestant during a task instigated him by saying that Priyank was responsible for Benafsha’s eviction and also went to the extent of saying that Priyank takes advantage of girls on reality shows to gain popularity points. To this entire scenario, Benafsha shared an emotional Instagram post where she thanked Vikas for taking a stand for her even after her eviction. To add to this incident, Priyank’s ex-girlfriend Divya was sent inside the house where she slammed him for getting into relationships to win reality shows.
- Hina Khan’s List of Contorversies– In the Bigg Boss house, Hina Khan has constantly been surrounded a lot of controversies. Her list of controversies includes calling Shilpa Shinde a ‘call girl’, slut-shaming fellow contestant, Arshi Khan and other guests who visited the Big Boss house including Gauhar Khan and making inappropriate comments about all her other fellow contestants. The most controversy till date remains that of her cupboard. It is said to have items which don’t belong to her and her stylist had to get in touch with various other designers in order to sponsor her look on the show.
- Akash Dadlani forcing himself on Shilpa Shinde – Being the senior most in the house, Shilpa Shinde happily agreed to mother Akash Dadlani and Arshi Khan. This, however, did not work out as Akash did not understand the boundaries of this kind of a setup. Akash has been seen forcefully planting kisses on Shilpa’s cheeks. Shilpa could be seen visibly offended by such actions. On being questioned about his actions, he brazenly claimed that he was brought up outside India and he had no interest in a 40-year-old woman.
- Physical Assault – This season also saw a series of several assaults including Vikas Gupta getting into a physical brawl with Akash Gupta. This also leads to the eviction of Priyank Sharma who had come to the aid of Vikas Gupta but ended attacking Akash Dadlani. The tension between Vikas Gupta and Akash Dadlani started in the first week of the show itself where Akash’s frequent questions about Vikas’ sexuality left him irritated.
Other controversies included Akash Dadlani claiming to be a close relative of the musician Vishal Dadlani and Zubair Khan’s claim of being related to Haseena Parker. Zubair Khan was publicly humiliated on National Television by host Salman Khan for such fake claims. To this Zubair Khan feigned severe illness and also attempted suicide in the house. These issues were all set to blow up in the face of the people but they soon fizzled out. These were the major controversies which harangued this season of Bigg Boss.