THE WONDER OF BEAUTY SERUMS
4 months ago Jaiwantika Dutta-Dhupkar 0
BEAUTY SERUMS are quite the craze worldwide right now and are being churned out in multiple variants that are literally flying off the shelves. These beauty essentials deliver a potent dose of goodness to your skin, promising radiance and a healthy glow, just in one or two pumps!
Beauty serums aren’t really meant to substitute your moisturizer. Instead, what it’s meant to do is enhance its efficacy. Beauty serums are having many potent ingredients. Layering serum under moisturizer or sunscreen or night cream enhances the beauty of skin like a surprise wonder.
Serums have taken over the beauty market and are quite the beauty essential right now. Layering isn’t confined to makeup only these days. Beauty aficionados would all agree that layering a serum under their regular beauty products is what’s really responsible for that baby-soft skin.
Here’s how to layer your beauty serums right: The density of the product is important to know while layering. The lighter product goes on first and the heavier one next. While layering multiple products, you should first apply the lightest product before applying the heaviest product. Whether you apply your serum in the daytime or in the evening is completely up to you, although if you apply retinoids around bedtime, it’s a good idea to skip the serum and wear it in the morning instead.
From the early days of moisturizing serums and anti-aging serums, we’ve come a long way and today the market is chock-full of any number of beauty serums, all giving the interested consumer a bang for her buck.
Serums are essentially water-based, so they penetrate your skin quickly and deliver active ingredients like moisturizers, antioxidants, and vitamins straight to the conflict zone. However, some serums are oil-based too. In fact, a lot of recent serums on the market are actually light oils, and they’re very popular. They serve the same purpose of delivering active ingredients to the skin, where heavier moisturizers have failed. While a serum by itself is power-packed with potent ingredients that are great for your skin, layering your serum under your moisturizer or sunscreen or even your night cream can really work wonders, say serum experts and regular serum users.
Not everybody needs to wear serum, and it’s not necessarily for everybody. A serum must be chosen as per your skin type to enhance your skin care regimen. If your skin is fine with your current regimen, then there really is no need to spoil a good thing. Millions of women around the world swear by the difference a good serum has made to their skin.
The range of serums available on the market can be mind-boggling. There are about six types, so here’s a quick refresher course:
- Anti-aging Serums: These are retinol-based, and are made to ease out fine lines and wrinkles while also preventing signs of aging as time goes by.
- Exfoliating Serums: These serums have glycolic and salicylic acid, and are specially formulated to dissolve dead skin overnight
- Brightening Serums: These wonderful serums contain kojic acid and are made to reduce spots, as well as add a glow to the skin
- Hydrating Serums: These wonders are enriched with glycerin and hyaluronic acid, and they help add moisture to the skin.
- Antioxidant Serums: These popular serums are designed to deliver a powerful dose of antioxidants to the skin with just one single application. They also tackle free radical damage and are great for tired, stressed skin.
- Multi-tasking Serums: These do a bit of everything, and are just right for you if you can’t make up your mind. Thus, the ideal multitasking serum would tackle your fine lines, while also moisturizing your skin and visibly brightening it too. Multi-tasking serums don’t try to confuse you too much and are kind in your pocket as well.
The right serums can make or break the perfect beauty routine, so make sure you select yours well.