Aadhaar will be needed by Tuberculosis Patients ,hospitals and healthcare workers to avail cash benefits
8 months ago SANJEET DWIVEDI 0
Tuberculosis Patients, hospitals, and healthcare workers have to register with Aadhaar database to avail cash benefits/assistance from the government. The final date of registration has been set as 31st August of 2017 by Union Health Ministry.
What is Aadhaar card?
Aadhaar number is a unique 12-digit number based demographic and biometric identification issued to residents of India, irrespective of age and gender, by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
It is provided free of cost.
It is issued to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process laid down by the Authority.
What will happen if the patient has no Aadhaar card?
The government of India has also taken proper care of those who don’t have Aadhar card. As health is the basic need of any human individual so no patient will be denied treatment if they don’t have Aadhar card.
A patient can provide an Aadhaar enrolment number, proof for registering for an Aadhaar if he or she has already enrolled for Aadhaar card.
What will happen if the patient has not enrolled for Aadhaar card?
If the patient has not already enrolled for Aadhaar card, he or she may provide other documents for identification such as driving license or pan card or voter’s id card.
What’s about prospective cash benefits to be availed by patients?
Prospective cash benefits are to be availed only through Aadhar-linked bank accounts of patients.
Who are all beneficiaries of cash assistance among Tuberculosis (TB) patients?
These are the following cash beneficiaries for cash assistance among TB patients –
- Tribal patients,
- As a travel allowance for Multi-Drug Resistant TB,
- Private sector doctors who assist in reporting TB cases and provide complete treatment to patient,
- A person who assists patients in taking timely drugs or DOTS ( Directly Observed Treatment, Short Course ) providers
Government Of India has a proposal to provide cash benefits/assistance to all patients.
How will Aadhaar card help in mitigating Tuberculosis (TB) menace?
Aadhaar card will help in numerous ways, these are as follows –
- It helps in avoiding /curving duplication of benefits transfer,
- Hospitals shall be in better position to track patients taking treatment so that they shall complete their six months’ course under proper monitoring care.