Legends Never Die
4 weeks ago Anamika Dutta 0
Starstruck story of an immortal “Hero” and his deeds remains the fresh figment of imagination still beholding in the eyes of Colonized India.His life was a gift to the Indians who witnessed his era and remained a source of knowledge and wisdom through his concrete efforts towards the liberalization of India from the shackles of Foreign Government.Yes, We are remembering the respected hero of history today -Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was born on 23 January 1897 in Orissa, Bengal division, was among ninth member of a family of 14 members.Some sterling facts about Netaji’s life which we never knew:-
- He was known to be a brilliant meritorious student.He pursued B.A. in philosophy from Calcutta University with a first-class score and joined a Protestant European School in 1902, January.
- He cleared the Indian Civil Service examination in 1920, in England.In 1921, the patriotic hero resigned from his civil service job when he heard about India’s suppressing struggle towards freedom.
- Bose had also served as the leader of the radical wing of the Congress and worked for two renowned journals of the era namely ‘Forward’ and ‘Bloc’.
- Mahatma Gandhi called him ‘The patriot of patriots’ despite being opposed to his ideologies and beliefs.
- He was the first person to call Mahatma Gandhi ‘The Father of The Nation’ in 1941.
- He was elected as The President of India twice in 1938 and 1939 consecutively.He formed the INA or the Azad Hind Fauj to combat the British rule.
- He had a clash with a British Professor called Olten who behaved insultingly towards an Indian student during his college days at Presidency University, Kolkata.
- He took a stand to adopt the doctrine of ‘Purna Swaraj’ and was imprisoned 11 times during the decades 1921-1941.
- Our brave patriotic hero had a romantic heart too, he lost his heart to a young maiden named Emily Schenkl, whom he initially hired to take shorthand lesson while he was working on the book The Indian Struggle. Bose had a daughter named Anita Bose Pfaff.
- His death remains an unraveling mystery of history till date.While government documents represent it as his ultimate demise by the plane crash incident but many officials invoked this information to be a mere conspiracy and believe he was pretty much alive till 1985 as Gumnami Baba in India and stayed in his motherland long after Independence but nobody knows the real truth behind it.